30 cosy bedroom ideas! Small changes to make for better rest!
Hello friends! Today I want to share 30 cosy bedroom ideas! These are all small changes you can make to create a cosier bedroom and get better rest. If you are a stressed person, work nights or struggle with sleep…then I think this post could help you out!
I have recently given our bedroom a little refresh and I’ve done a lot of these things myself, however, I’m keen to do more and make it even cosier and cocoon-ier in the future!
Some of these tips are a little more expensive to implement, like buying new mattresses, but a lot of them can be done on a budget, or even for free. And don’t forget, you can always ask for things like a new mattress topper or pillows for your next birthday. I don’t know about you, but my mum loves buying me practical and useful gifts! Anyway! Let’s talk cosy bedroom ideas shall we?
- clear away clutter
- Incorporate texture and plenty of natural fibres
- Add rugs; either at the side of the bed or at the foot of the bed
- plenty of lamps
- a large ceiling light shade to diffuse the light
- plenty of throws
- all the cushions! In bed as well as on chairs
- a hot water bottle
- an electric blanket
- black out blinds
- a great mattress (or a great topper!)
- if any of your lighting feels too harsh even with a lampshade, change the bulbs to a lower wattage
- high quality pillows
- a pillow spray by the side of your bed
- change your bedding once a week to keep it feeling fresh
- if you can, choose a beautiful bed with a statement headboard
- Put books at the side of your bed and try to make time to read them
- Keep tech in the bedroom to a minimum
- Choose a bedside table with drawers so you can hide away clutter
- treat yourself to the biggest warmest dressing gown you can find!
- Only use bedding which is 100% cotton or linen. Synthetics fabrics are easier to iron but can get sweaty and feel less cosy.
- Houseplants are a great way to add life and coziness to your bedroom
- make sure you put some beautiful prints or art on the walls
- If you work nights; invest in blackout curtains and decorate with dark colours to help you sleep better in the day
- Create a cosy reading nook
- If you have a four poster bed add curtains and fairy lights to make it feel more enclosed and cosy
- If your bed has multiple height settings; set your bed on the highest setting
- Add candles and LED candles to shelves
- Add knitted details
- Accessorise with objects which remind you of happy times
Ta da! And there we have it! 30 cosy bedroom ideas! Small changes to make for better rest! I hope this post is of help and interest! Let me know if you have any suggestions!!