How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners
Hello friends! Today I want to share a few tips and tricks on How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners! I realised a lot of people have recently started blogs and I really think I can help give some great advice! So today we are going to chat about affiliate marketing, banner ads, SEO agencies, Instagram campaigns, sponsored posts and SO much more! I really want to break down all the things I wish I had known when I first started blogging… ok! Let’s go!
Can You Make Money With A Free Blog?
The simple answer to this is NO. The free version of wordpress and blogger don’t allow you to monetise your content in anyway and if you get caught doing sponsored posts, advertising or using affiliate links, your account will be terminated. If you want to make money from a blog, you will either need the self-hosted (non-free) version of WordPress or Squarespace (free trial here). The costs aren’t huge and there are benefits to using the self hosted version of wordpress and Squarespace, there are a lot more options when it comes to design and plug-ins.
However, if you don’t want to pay for the self-hosted version of WordPress or SquareSpace, you can still create influencer content for free, but you might want to consider doing this via YouTube, Instagram or Tik Tok. All of which allow you to create sponsored content, post affiliate links and make money from your content without paying hosting costs and all the other fees that come along with blogging?
WordPress v SquareSpace
In my opinion, WordPress is the best platform for creating a blog. I think it’s really user friendly, the plug-in’s are brilliant and once you are all set up, you don’t have to worry about the back-end for years! There’s also some great SEO benefits that come with using WordPress over other platforms. Also, you can use Siteground for hosting which is a very blogger friendly host.
As for Squarespace (free trial here), that’s a great website to have if you want to drag and drop your images and focus on the design and imagery rather than the writing. It’s brilliant for portfolios and it is more user-friendly to get set up.
Is it Worth Starting a Blog in 2021?
In my opinion, yes it is still worth starting a blog in 2021! It’s a great place to share long form content, how to’s, more personal content and so on. It is also a great platform to utilise SEO and create ever green content. My blog gets more traffic now than it has ever had, which shows people still like to read blogs.
How To Make Money From Blogging
There are a few ways to make money from blogging, these include:
- Adverts (Adsense is best for beginners)
- Affiliate marketing (AWIN is best for beginners)
- SEO Sponsored posts (agencies will place adverts with you for links)
- Content Sponsored posts (brands wanting to use your platform to share launches, sales, information etc)
- Selling Products (either a digital course or service, or a merchandise)
Examples Of Blogs That Make Money?
Honestly, I think all blogs with a large audience can make money, however, I personally believe blogs which are well written and researched make the most money. I also think photography is really important if you want to make money, as brands want to work with influencers who create beautiful imagery to show off their products. Finally, any blog with a strong niche will make money, for instance if you blog is all about curly hair, then when brands release curly hair products, they will be DESPERATE to work with you!
5 Tips Every Blogger Needs To Know To Make Money!
How Do Beginner Bloggers Make Money?
Beginner bloggers can make money, often with Adsense and affiliate links (join AWIN here), however, I know a lot of bloggers, myself included didn’t make any money on their blogs for years. So I would recommend spending the first two years of blogging concentrating on learning SEO, creating great posts, learning how to take cool photos and just generally nailing the basics before you think about making cash. However during this time, it is worth adding Adsense onto your blog as well as affiliate links.
How to make money on Instagram
If you want to get paid for your content, then Instagram is a great place to focus your efforts. Brands have a lot of their budget set aside for Instagram sponsorship, much more than they have for Twitter, blogs or Pinterest. So focus on finding the right followers for your content and getting you engagement rate up. You can start earning money on your Instagram from around 3,000, especially if you use a platform like Tribe. Brands tend to work directly with influencers who have a larger following number, but for beginners and newbies, Tribe is a great place to start.
How do you start making money on Instagram?
- Post affiliate links in your stories and link in bio for cool products
- Join Tribe and other similar agencies to find sponsored posts with brands who want to work with micro influencers
- Sell your own digital or physical products; for example a course or vintage clothing
Do Instagram Users Get Paid?
Instagram do not pay their users for creating and posting content, however, brands will pay users to post post sponsored content in their feed. Influencers can also use their link in bio and swipe up links in their stories to share affiliate links to products, which can make them a small amount of money. However, YouTube influencers DO get paid by YouTube to post content, as they get a split of the advertising money which runs alongside their videos.
How To Make Money On YouTube?
- Join the YouTuber Advertiser program and earn Adsense. You can apply for this once you have over 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time per year.
- Post affiliate links to the products you feature and clothes you are wearing.
- Sell your own products, either digital or physical.
- Work with brands to create sponsored posts.
How many views do you need on YouTube to make money?
To make YouTube Adsense you need to have 1000 subscribers and get 4,000 hours of watch time per year. Which is really achievable as long as you post regular content. Adsense revenue varies per creator and niche, but I personally see around $5 per 1,000 channel reviews.
How many YouTube views does it take to make $100?
A lot of smaller YouTube Channels, like myself, make around $5 per 1,000 views, so it takes around 20,000 views to make around $100 on Adsense. If you have a very popular video with high views, you could make $100 off just one video.
Is 20k views on YouTube good?
Yes! 20K views on YouTube is GREAT, especially if it’s on just one video! But if you want to make money on YouTube, now you need to create more videos! The more videos, the more views, the more money!
How do I get 4000 hours on YouTube?
To qualify to make Adsense money on Youtube, you need to reach 4000 hours of watch time on youtube. This can be done over a year, and it will be calculated on a rolling 12 month basis. To reach this goal you need to:
- Post videos frequently
- Post videos which people will search; How to’s & tutorials are perfect!
- Choose a topic to focus your videos on so your content has a direction and people will subscribe
- Creating engaging content is key to attracting and retaining viewers on your YouTube channel. One crucial aspect is to carefully edit YouTube videos, ensuring a seamless flow that captivates your audience and encourages them to keep watching.
- Make longer, chattier videos to increase your watch time per view
How To Make Money On Instagram
How much money does 1m subscribers make?
When it comes to YouTube, it’s not the subscribers that tend to make you money, instead the revenue is made from the number of views a video gets. For instance, a YouTuber who was popular 5 years ago who rarely posts videos any more, will make a lot less money than a YouTuber who has the same number of subscribers and posts 3 times a week. The great thing about YouTube is you can focus on growing the views, not the subscribers.
How much money does 1m views on YouTube make?
This is a tricky one, as each creator makes a different amount of money per 1,000 views. I make around $5 per 1000 views, however other creators can make around $30 per 1,000 views. Viral videos around pranks tend to make less money than business or finance style videos. For instance, a video called ‘My dog does the funniest tricks!’ is likely to make a fraction of a revenue that a video called ‘How to create passive income for the next 10 years in 6 weeks’. The first video might make around $1,000 for 1million views, where as the second video could make more like $10,000 for 1million views.
Vlogging Equipment For Beginners
- Camera – a recent model iPhone or Canon G7XII is great!
- Free Editing Software – I use iMovie
- Large Memory Card
- TubeBuddy – for research & SEO
- Canva or PicMonkey – to create thumbnails
- Affiliate Marketing Agency – AWIN is great for beginners
- Lighting – natural light if you can, or a ring light and softbox light
Blogging Equipment For Beginners
- Camera – a newer model iPhone will work too
- Photo Editing app or software – Lightroom, VSCO, A colour story
- WordPress.org or Squarespace to create your blog
- Siteground to host your blog
- Yoast – Plug in to help you nail SEO
- Affiliate Marketing – sign up to AWIN to get started
Thank you for reading my How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners post! I hope this post is of help to you! If you have any questions, please do let me know! Also, if you are thinking of starting a vlog, this is my great guide to a vloggers beginners kit and 10 super affordable things every blogger needs! This post contains affiliate links and refer-a-friend links