I Posted A YouTube Vid EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR!
Hello friends! I recently reached a bit of a milestone – I Posted A YouTube Vid EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR! No joke! Every day! Christmas day… My birthday… happy days… sad says! Today I want to show why I did it, how I did it and give you lots of daily blog ideas, in case you want to do it too!
Why I Posted Daily Vlogs
I didn’t intend to upload to my YouTube Channel every day, it just kind of happened…. I had a flurry of inspiration and bulk filmed a bunch of videos, then I filmed some more and started to schedule them and I had about 7 videos ready to go and I didn’t want to wait 3 weeks to post them because the vids would be old news by the time they went live… so I decided to post one every day for an entire week. I figured, why not!? Before the week was over I found myself with a bunch more videos filmed and I scheduled them for the following few days… before I knew it I had around 10 days of daily vlogs and I thought it would be pretty cool to see if I could upload every day for a month. Just a personal challenge. I’m sure you can guess where this is going, but I managed it and then I carried on… a month passed, then two months and then three months.
Then I thought it would be SO cool if I could hit the 6 months mark and then I couldn’t help myself! I HAD to try for a year of daily vlogs! And guess what! I did it!!!! Some days it was easy, other days it was hard, but you just have to keep going. The biggest challenge is finding the time and also finding the content. Which is why I want to give you lots of Daily Vlog Ideas! I honestly wish I had this list a year ago as it would have helped me a LOT!
How To Post Daily Vlogs
- Keep the editing light; Your subscribers watch for your personality, not perfection
- Set yourself a mini goal, like posting every day for a week or a month. Don’t overwhelm yourself!
- Keep things simple, cover topics which feel natural and easy to you
- Batch film
- Batch edit
- Have a template for your thumbnails to save time
- Use TubeBuddy to help speed up admin / video topic research time (IT’S FREE!)
- Prioritise YouTube and de-prioritise other platforms
- Don’t be afraid to make some videos long and others super short
Daily Vlog Ideas
- Room tours
- Home tours
- DIY projects
- Organising projects
- Monthly empties
- Monthly faves
- Recommend podcasts / books / audiobooks / films / games
- Cooking tutorials
- Get ready with me
- Craft with me
- Come shopping with me
- How to’s
- Share stories
- Morning routines
- Money / life / parenting / home / career advice
- A Day In The Life
- Workout Videos
- Make up / beauty tutorials
- Tips on saving money
- Share your local area for out-of-town visitors
- Share your skills
- Fashion try on’s
- Review your favourite products
- Share daily affirmations
- Ask me anything videos
- Document a project
- Life hacks
- Tell ghost stories
- Organisation tips
- Career advice
- Business advice
- Productivity tips
- Interview friends & acquaintances who have great life advice and skills they can share
- Share inspiring stories
How Long Should A Vlog Be?
This really depends on YOU! A lot of YouTubers have seen great success with doing 1 minute daily tip videos, where as others find 10 minute long reviews work well for them and others say 40 minute long videos work the best for them – although shorter videos are a lot more achievable for daily vloggers. What’s most important is WATCH TIME! It’s more important to have 100 people watching an entire 1 minute long video rather than 1000 people watching 1 minute of a 40 minute video. YouTube is more likely to recommend longer videos which deep dive into a subject, however, if that video can only hold the viewer’s attention for 5% or 10% of the duration of the video, it will stop recommending the video. Personally, I mix my videos up length wise, some are longer, some are shorter and I try not to annoy people with a 20 minute video on a topic which could be covered in 2 minutes. Try to focus on your watch time, keeping your audience interested and engaging with the content and if you can make the video a little longer by going a little more in depth, then do so! That might be the reason your video goes viral and someone else’s doesn’t!
- To have fun
- To build a community of like-minded people
- To share your knowledge
- To give back to your community & teach the things you wish you had been taught
- To become a #influencer
- To promote your business
- To stay accountable to a personal goal, challenge or new hobby
- To capture good times and make memories
Thank you for reading Daily Vlog Ideas! How To Post On YouTube EVERY DAY! I hope it’s of help! Let me know if you have any questions, I’m always happy to help!