Why do my pants keep splitting?
My friends! Today I am back again with a post on jeans and how to keep them from splitting at the inner thigh or as I like to say… crotch! This is a problem I had SO much when I used to wear jeans! It was a bit of a nightmare and it’s actually one of the reasons I stopped wearing jeans! I got totally fed up of them wearing away at the crotch and having to replace them! However, I have learnt a lot since then and I got some tips from Nudie Jeans, so I wanted to share some tips and tricks on how to avoid your jeans wearing away on the inner thighs, how you can repair them, how you can shop for more resistant jeans and generally give you all the information you need so you never have to ask the question ever again…Why do my pants keep splitting?!!!
Why do jeans rip at the crotch?
This is a simple one, it’s the part of the jeans which get the most wear and tear because it’s the part of the jeans which is constantly moving and rubbing up against your legs. To avoid this from happening, there are a few things you can do.
Tips To Stop Jeans From Ripping At The Crotch!
- Avoid wearing tight fitted jeans low on your hips, instead pull them up a tiny bit to lessen the strain when moving
- Try a fit of jeans which gives you a little more room as if the jeans have move room to move, it will lessen the abrasion
- Try wearing jeans made of heavier and / or more rigid denim
- Not all denim is made equal, invest in less pairs of jeans, but buy better quality jeans with a better fit and stronger denim
How to fix holes in jeans inner thigh?
There are a few things you can do to fix the holes in your jeans at the inner thigh:
- Firstly, you can stitch them back together overlaying the denim slightly and doing a reinforcing stitch with the sewing machine. You might need to go over it a LOT of times, but it does work. make sure you don’t overlap the denim too much as this will alter the shape of your jeans. Also, the sooner you repair the jeans, the better as the worse the damage gets, the harder it will be to fix them.
- Another option is patching them your jeans at the crotch. This is much harder to do yourself so I would recommend taking them to a seamstress or your local dry cleaners to see if they can do this for you.
- A final option is upcycling them and turning them into a skirt or if you have a few pairs, stitch them all together and make a gown and dress as Britney and Justin next year for halloween….
Nudie Jeans Review & Free Repairs
Finally, I was inspired to write this post by Nudie Jeans as I am a big fan of their brand. My boyfriend has been wearing their jeans for years now and quite frankly, they are the best! They look great, feel comfortable and best of all THEY REPAIR YOUR NUDIE JEANS FOR FREE! No joke! It’s the best service ever! Every time your Nudie jeans rip or split or anything, you take them into your local store and they fix them for free. It might take a few weeks, but they do them and they do a great job! They will fix them as many times as you need and there is truly no limit to how many times they will fix them or how old your jeans are. Even if you buy your Nudie jeans at a retailer like Selfridges (or even second hand via eBay) they will STILL fix them for you! Their jeans are great quality to begin with, but after a while, they will start to split in the crotch and they will sort them out for you! And then they are beyond repair, they will take them off your hands, recycle them and give you a discount on your next pair. The only thing they ask is that you wash them before you take them in – which is just good manners!
How long do Nudie Jeans last?
Nudie jeans are built to last and everyone’s legs and jeans fits are different, but you should get a good year of pretty continuous use out of them before they need their first repair. My boyfriend has had some of his pairs for around 8 years and they are still going strong as they have been repaired for free by Nudie jeans a few times. He wears them a lot and they last a good year between repairs, but everyone is different and everyone has different body shapes and different jeans fits. But rest assured, Nudie use great quality denim and they last a long time. And when they split, they fix them for free!
I hope that answers the question, Why do my pants keep splitting? And I hope this post is of help and if you have any questions, please do let me know! Also, this post contains no press samples or affiliate links. I’m just a big Nudie jeans fan!