VQ Black Friday Deal
My friends! I have a great Black Friday deal for you!! As you might have guessed, I LOVE my VQ radio, I have a Retro Mini in the Lulu Guinness design, which I keep in my living room and I have a pink Hepburn in my guest bedroom. There are many reasons why I love these radios, firstly, the retro designs are adorable, secondly, I love the vast array of prints and colours to choose from and finally, I love the fact that underneath their fabulously vintage exteriors, they are super modern. For instance, the Monty (the one in all the photos) is a DAB digital radio with built-in Bluetooth, so you can listen to podcasts / music / Spotify / YouTube / audiobooks, literally anything you want via your phone using Bluetooth. It’s super easy to connect and the sound quality is far better (and louder) than your phone could ever deliver. Personally, I like to play all my 90’s alt rock from my iTunes library through my VQ radio to wake me up in the morning and then when I start taking photos, I open up the podcast app and listen to some of my favourite podcasts. It’s hard to believe there was a time when I used to listen to music out the iPhone loudspeaker (shudder) or worse still… sit in silence!!
What’s The Deal?
This Black Friday, VQ have an amazing deal on their VQ Monty Radio, for a limited time only, you can get the Monty for £79.99, rather than the regular price of £99.99. This is a hefty deal as these radios never go on sale, so there really has never has been a better time to buy! Also, can we take a minute to appreciate how awesome the wood finish is on these radios? It’s so unique and such a great design addition to any house! There is a top handle strap which is made of grey leather, which makes it easy to carry around the house and the speaker has a fabric mesh front. It’s such a beautiful vintage style radio and perfect for both men and women. I have it in the Green Grass Oak finish, which is my personal favourite, but it also comes in Limed Oak and Black Zebra, depending on your style and decor!
To take advantage of this deal, use the discount code ‘MONTY20B’ at the checkout, this will get you £20 off the Monty oak, walnut, as well as the new finishes Green Grass Oak, Black Zebra and Limed Oak. The deal is limited to 2 Monty’s per person and the offer is available from 18th November until the 23rd November 2017.
Five Great Podcasts
One of my favourite ways to use the VQ Monty radio is by linking it up to my phone via the built-in Bluetooth and listen to podcasts via the speaker. It just sounds so much better this way and I play podcasts louder than the iPhone speaker allows me to, so it just makes sense! Anyway, I have five great podcasts I really want to recommend to you all:
- Firstly, I want to give a shout out to Mystery Show podcast, I love this podcast so much, it was short-lived, but every episode is amazing! Each week a mystery is solved, it’s often super cute and funny mysteries which are funny and heart-felt and it’s beautifully written and ah, I love it!
- For those of you who love a good murder / serial killer / con-man, I would totally recommend Dirty John. I loved this podcast and everyone I have recommended it to, loved it too! So good!
- I’m sure you have all listened to Serial and S-Town (if you haven’t, go listen!!) but both these series came from the team at This American Life and I’m always shocked at how many people LOVED Serial & S-Town but never listen to their weekly radio show This American Life. Each episode has a theme and they share stories and wisdom around that theme, it’s always a good listen, always insightful, well researched and interesting. You can only ever get the 4 latest episodes via the podcast app, but you can listen to the back catalog elsewhere.
- For the bite-sized podcast fans, I love Criminal. They expertly side-steps the true-crime / serial killers and cold case podcast trend and instead explore stories around the idea of criminal behaviour, interviewing crime writers, sharing conspiracy theories and amazing escapes. It’s really interesting and great for short commutes.
- Finally, I would love to point you in the direction of Reply All, which is a podcast about the internet, sharing weird and wonderful stories from around the internet. Always interesting and I often learn things about technology and internet scams. Happy listening!!
This post has been sponsored by VQ Radios. As always, all opinions are my own.