We love Paris! Here are my Top Tips!
1. Go to the Eiffel Tower! I go to Paris quite often and while you can spot it from so many different places in the city, it is very rare you are close to it. I hadn’t been close to the Eiffel Tower since I was about 18, so it was lovely taking the time to really appreciate it! Make sure you get off at the Metro stop Trocadero, it is so the best way to see it!
2. Go to Angelina! There is nothing that is not perfect about Angelina’s, the best patisseries in the most beautiful building! Make sure you get the hot chocolate with your cake, it’s not to be missed!
3. Go to Colette! It’s one of the coolest shops in the world and it is always worth a visit. Whether you are treating yourself to something new or just visiting to browse, it is such a cool store.
4. Go to 31 Rue Cambon! This is my sneaky way of saying, go to Chanel. This is the original boutique and so much more. It is four floors, although you can only access the boutique, but the floors above hold the haute couture salon, the infamous private apartment and the workshops and studio. It is pretty special! There are other Chanel boutiques in Paris, but this is the only one I ever want to visit!
5. Go to Pont des Arts! This is the bridge covered in locks left there by lovers. It is really pretty and so romantic. Paris is the city of romance and I am pretty sure this is the most romantic spot in the city!
6. Go to the Pyramids at the Louvre! I can’t recommend going inside the Louvre, as I wasn’t so successful when I tried to visit! Even if you don’t go into the Louvre, you must walk around the outside and see the building as it is beautiful and huge. The Pyramids and water features in the grounds are pretty amazing too. Remember when Carrie Bradshaw ran around Paris at night in the last series of SATC? You can even try to recreate that!
7. Stay in a boutique hotel! The buildings in Paris are so beautiful, so make sure you stay somewhere special! Coeur de City is my go-to website for booking somewhere fabulous in Paris. Why stay at a soulless high rise hotel by the airport when you can stay in a wonderful location in a really wonderful little hotel?
8. Eat steak at Le Relais de Venise! I didn’t used to eat steak until I visited this restaurant with my friend Marsha! The concept is simple, the bring you a salad to start and then they ask you how you like your steak, which they serve to you with chips and secret green sauce. There is no menu and no other option if you don’t eat steak. The only thing you get to choose is how they cook your steak, your wine and your desert. Amazing!
9. Go to a flea market! There are quite a few in Paris and they can be a treasure trove of incredible vintage clothes and furniture. As well as bric-a-brac, you will also find sellers who specialise in antiques and clothes. The flea market at Porte de Clignancourt has a section in it with tiny shops which specialise in vintage designer pieces. Some of them are wall-to-wall vintage Chanel, Hermes, burberry, Celine… it’s not ‘flea market’ prices, but it is a dream to visit!
10. Go to the Hermes Home Store! Not only is it a treat to see the Hermes home wear, which is obviously incredible, but the store is actually in an old swimming pool. Complete with mosaic flooring and steps. It’s parisian, old, fabulous and now the home of Hermes… it’s shopping on another level, Literally!