Over the past few weeks, actually, months, I have been testing out the latest beauty gadget on the block: The NEWA! I was challenged by NEWA take the test and see if I could reduce my crows feet and add a little definition to my jawline and chin. I have naturally dry skin, so whilst we won the battle against break-outs, I lost the war against fine lines and skin elasticity. The NEWA uses 3Deep Skin technology to help stimulate the natural production of collagen, give existing collagen a boost and generally increase blood flow and help promote healthy skin. The NEWA boasts incredible results in just 4-8 weeks, leaving customers with a visible reduction of wrinkles, firmer skin and greater definition. When I was offered the chance to give it a go, my hand shot up in the air and I waved them around like I just didn’t care! Wanna know more?
3DEEP Skin Science uses radiofrequency, a form of energy that has been used in medical and aesthetic treatments across the world for decades. It delivers this energy uniquely, in three controlled layers deep into the skin. The energy safely and comfortably generates heat in these deep layers to an optimum level, in order to:
- Stimulate the natural production of collagen
- Reinvigorate existing collagen
- Increase blood flow
- Promote healthy skin cell activity and renewal
3DEEP Skin Science is developed by the leading skin technology company ENDYMED Medical. ENDYMED Medical uses 3DEEP Skin Science technology in their in-clinic professional devices, and has been tested in clinical trials and recommended by practitioners the world over. The NEWA is proven to be the most effective skin-tightening, collagen-boosting home-use product on the market! Also, the NEWA is the only FDA cleared home-use radiofrequency device.
How To Use
The NEWA is super easy to use and as part of an evening bedtime ritual, it’s also really comforting and relaxing. You can view a video tutorial here, or you can simply follow these instructions:
- Make sure your face and neck are clean and dry, without any residual make-up, and remove all jewellery.
- Select your treatment area based on your concerns:
- Upper cheek area (to target Crow’s feet)
- Jawline area (to give definition)
- Under the chin area (to lift skin and give definition)
- Plug in your NEWA device. Remove the protective cap, and apply two lines of your NEWA activator gel to the tip.
- Before switching your NEWA on, using the tip of your NEWA, spread the gel over the entire treatment area that you’ve chosen to start with.
- To start your treatment, move the switch to treatment level two.
- Now press the power button. A blue light will start blinking, indicating that your NEWA has started working.
- Place the NEWA tip on your skin and move the device in a constant circular motion across the treatment area, ensuring an even coverage of the area. Your skin will start to feel warm. If your skin feels too warm, increase the size of your circles slightly.
- NEWA will indicate that your skin has reached the optimum temperature by the light on the button changing to green. When you’ve reached the end of treatment cycle for that area your NEWA will gently vibrate.
- Start the process again by applying another two lines of gel to your NEWA tip, and move onto the next treatment area. Use 3-5 times a week for the first four weeks, and then use twice a week thereafter.
So! Where to start! It’s been a long old journey with the NEWA, but it has been a lot of fun! As I’m getting older, I have started noticing more fine lines around my eyes and mouth, the mouth ones don’t bother me too much, as I always think of them as ‘Smile Lines’ and there’s something kind of nice about that. But the eye ones do, mainly because I hate the way my make up sits in the creases as the day goes on. I have also started to develop (*gulp*) jowls, which I try to hide with contouring, but they do make me feel self conscious and I worry about them getting worse. It’s for these reasons, I really wanted to give the NEWA a go!
As I explained above, you apply the NEWA activator gel onto the tip of the device and then turn it on and start spreading it over the target areas. The NEWA heats up and it’s actually really relaxing. On the days where I am in a hurry and I can’t be bothered, it feels like a long and tedious task, but on the evenings where I want to give myself a little self care and relaxation time, it’s actually really relaxing to zone out, listen to some soothing music or an audiobook and feel the NEWA gently warming my face and working it’s magic. Also, during the heatwave, I did take a break from the NEWA as it was so hot that I couldn’t face the idea of sitting with something warm on my face when I just wanted to dive into a freezer, so there were sessions I missed during this time. However, on the flipside, on colder evenings, it’s actually really nice to use the NEWA, it’s relaxing and warming, and actually feels really soothing. After each NEWA session, my skin felt plumper and firmer, it was often a little red from the heat, but it soon vanished and because I use it in the evenings, it’s never an issue. I have been trailing the NEWA consistently for the past 2-3 months (except when the heatwave was too much!) and I do feel like the lines around my eyes are fainter and my make up has been cracking much less than before. Also my smile lines feel less defined and most importantly, I do think there is a good lift in my jawline. I feel less self-conscious of this area now and before I was often trying to figure out ways to contour to hide them, but I haven’t been as bothered about it recently, which is a sure indication that it’s been working for me. Whilst it’s no face lift, it has give me improvement and I’m super happy with it! If you fancy giving the NEWA a go for yourself, you can buy it from www.newabeauty.co.uk and make sure you tweet me / email me and let me know how you are getting on!
This post has been kindly sponsored by Newa, but as always, all thoughts are my own.